Related Paintings of unknow artist :. | Paternal Admonition | bernadotteska familjetavlan | Portrait de sa femme | Bofinkar and trollslandor | Natura statica cu flori si fructe, ulei pe carton subtire, semnat stanga jos cu negru | Related Artists:
Maria Chmielowskapainted Nu debout in about 1895
LIGOZZI, JacopoItalian painter, Florentine school (b. 1547, Verona, d. 1627, Firenze)
Italian painter, draughtsman, miniaturist and printmaker. He was one of the most productive artists in 17th-century Florence, although in the context of the Florentine Baroque, with its pageantry and decorative form, Ligozzi remained as much a foreigner in terms of his precise drawing, veristic figures and expressive content, as he was by birth. He was the son of the painter Giovanni Ermanno Ligozzi ( fl 1572-88; d before 1605) and came from a Veronese family of painters and designers of armour, tapestries and embroidery on silk. Other members of the family who were painters (Fumagalli in 1986 exh. cat.) were Jacopo's brother Francesco (d before 1635), whose career seems to have been in Verona, his cousin Francesco di Mercurio, who worked for the Medici in Florence in 1590-91
Musee national de la Marine(National Navy Museum) is a maritime museum located in the Palais de Chaillot, Trocadero, in the XVIe arrondissement of Paris. It has annexes at Brest, Port-Louis, Rochefort (Musee National de la Marine de Rochefort), Toulon and Saint-Tropez. The permanent collection originates in a collection that dates back to Louis XV of France.
In 1748, Henri-Louis Duhamel du Monceau offered a collection of models of ships and naval installations to Louis XV of France, with the request that the items be displayed at the Louvre and made available to students of the Naval engineers school, which Duhamel headed. The collection was put on display in 1752, in a room of the first floor, next to the Academy of Sciences; the room was called "Salle de Marine" (Navy room), and was used for teaching.
With the French Revolution, the Salle de Marine closed in 1793. The collection was added to models owned by the King personally, to others owned by the Ministry of Navy, and yet others owned by emigres or executees (notably Philippe Égalite). A short-lived museum was opened between 1801 and 1803 at the Ministry of Navy, then located at Place de la Concorde.